For those users who want to get early access to the features and bugfixes of upcoming Sigasi Studio releases, we have set up an extra release channel, called “Sigasi Preview”.
The Sigasi Preview release channel offers more frequent releases than the official releases. This page gives an introduction to the most important changes.
Although these preview releases are less rigorously tested than the official releases, they are stable enough for daily use.
If you run into any problems, please let us know.
Since the Sigasi Studio 4.12 release, the following changes have been made.
- Improved toolchains' handling of special characters in paths
- Brought ALINT’s icon size in line with other icons
- Truncated overly long linting messages such that possible quickfixes are always visible
- Renamed the
XPRT Tutorialas it demonstrates XPRT features
- We now by default configure an
httpsinstead of an
-XVerifyfrom the the default
Altera Quartus IIto
Intel Quartus II
- [VHDL] Added folding for record types, generics and ports
- [VHDL] Added formatting for signature filter path element
- [Verilog] Added support for
- [Verilog] Improved when the
Open Class Hierarchycontext menu is available
- [Verilog] Added the keybind (F4) for
Open Class Hierarchyin the context menu
- [Verilog] Added shortcut for
Open Class Hierarchywhen hovering over classes
- Fixed resource leak in autocompletes
- Made sure color customization in the Graphics Configurations does not affect labels
- Made sure FSM headers are not overflown by their text
- [VHDL] Made sure the
Sort associationsquickfix can always be applied when it’s shown
- [VHDL] Made sure to always show VHDL versions in chronological order where applicable
- [VHDL] Fixed an error on hover when using negative exponents
- [Verilog] Fixed formatting for files containing incomplete macro invocations (a lonely backtick)
- [Verilog] Fixed false positive error when using tagged unions inside ternary conditional expressions
- [Verilog] Made sure the Preprocessor View also works when opening previous versions of a file through version control
You can download the stand-alone version of the latest preview from:
You can also update automatically when setting Preferences > Install/Update > Available Software Sites > Add… :
SHA sums (more info) can be checked via https://download.sigasi.com/preview/latest/sha1.txt.
- Sigasi Studio standalone is supported on:
- Windows: Windows 10 (64 bit) or newer
- macOS 10.15 Catalina or newer
- Linux: RedHat Enterprise Linux RHEL 7.7 (64 bit) or newer
- Sigasi Studio depends on
libXss.sowhich can be obtained by installing
- Sigasi Studio depends on
- More information on supported OSes can be found on the Eclipse website
- Sigasi Studio as plugin in your own Eclipse installation:
- Eclipse 4.8 Photon up to and including Eclipse IDE 2021-03
- Java JRE 11 or higher
We recommend at least 4GB of memory available for Sigasi Studio, and you need about 300MB of free disk space.
We welcome your feedback through the usual channels or the comments below. Note that comments are cleared after each official release.