util package that comes with Modelsim in the
mti_util.vhd file includes an enumerated type
forcetype that is defined as:
type forcetype is (default, deposit, drive, freeze);
In VHDL 2008, default is a new keyword.
This causes problems in VHDL 2008 projects that use the
Still, Sigasi Studio allows to use the
modelsim_lib.util package in VHDL 2008 projects.
Since the code in
modelsim_lib is VHDL 93 code,
modelsim_lib should be compiled in VHDL 93 mode.
You can do so by right-clicking the
modelsim_lib folder in the Common Libraries of your project.
Then select Properties > VHDL Version and set the VHDL Version of the
modelsim_lib folder to VHDL 1993.
For VHDL 2008 compatibility, package
util provides the alias
mti_default that can be used in VHDL 2008 code instead of
type forcetype is (default, deposit, drive, freeze); alias mti_default is default [return forcetype];
In VHDL 2008 the
util package no longer is needed since the language now supports forcing and releasing of signal values.
More information can be found here.
- How to use the new VHDL 2008 libraries in Sigasi Studio (blog post)
- VHDL IEEE 1076-2008 Grammar (blog post)
- How well does your compiler support VHDL 2008? (blog post)
- Quick access to your design environment (screencast)
- Suppress warnings from within your code (screencast)