The e-book plugin is a new extension to the wikitext component of the Mylyn Docs project . It is not officially released yet, but here are some easy steps on how to create an e-book with Eclipse today:
- Clone the git repository of Torkild from github:
git clone https://github.com/turesheim/org.eclipse.mylyn.docs.git
- Use Maven Tycho to build the Eclipse plugin:
- Open Eclipse (I used Eclipse for RCP developers ), and install the compiled plugins from
- Open an existing project that contains your wikitext (in my case Textile) file
- Make sure that your file contains no errors. The error messages you otherwise get in the next step are not so useful yet.
- Right click the wikitext file and select WikiText > Generate EPUB…
- Enter all extra metadata and optionally choose a stylesheet and cover image.
- Open the epub file in an e-book reader and inspect the result. I used the open source tool Calibre for this.
As an experiment I created an e-book of the Sigasi 2.1.1 documentation. I am really pleased by the result. It is great to read documents on a tablet and I hope this can be a good motivator to write some extra documentation.
- Generate VHDL Doxygen documentation in Sigasi (blog post)
- VHDL generation from Yakindu state charts with Xtend (blog post)
- Xtext resource caching: loading resources 5 times faster (blog post)
- Documentation generation in CI with Sigasi Veresta (blog post)
- Documentation features for large designs in Sigasi Studio (blog post)