The sources of the Sigasi Insights portal are hosted on Github. So if you find a typo or an error, you can fix this yourself. GitHub also makes it easy to make bigger contributes such as a guest blog.
Small fixes can be made on the website of GitHub, without installing extra tools.
For bigger changes, it is better to build the website on your own machine first, and creating a pull request later.
- Log in into GitHub
- Fork the Sigasi Insights repository
- Browse to the file you want to edit and click the edit button
- At the bottom of the screen:
- Add a commit message
- Select the “Create a new branch for this commit and start a pull request” option.
- Click the Commit Changes button.
- Next add a message to your pull request and click Create pull request
By sending a pull request, you give all rights of your change to Sigasi (Copyright info)
- Clone the Insights repository, as explained here.
- Add your content (e.g. a guest blog in the
/opinion/folder). (Authoring information)
With Hugo, you can easily create a new content page by typing
hugo new opinion/my-contribution.md.
Your Markdown file must have following header, most of which will be generated for you by the
--- title: "Your Sigasi guest blog contribution" pager: true author: Your Name date: Publishing date license: CC BY-ND 4.0 comments: true bannerad: true ---
If you omit the license field, you give all rights to Sigasi.