A few weeks ago, a friend of mine talked about using a seven-segment display in a VHDL lab in his university.
Of course, he wanted his students to simulate before they synthesize. I thought it would be nice to have a module that can emulate a this a seven-segment display as ASCII-art.
I created this module in about an hour and after some more minor modifications, I decided to publish it for everybody to use.
You can download the VHDL source code for this project and use it under the conditions of the BSD License. (contact us if you need a different license.)
- How to add a decorator to the splash screen of your RCP application? (blog post)
- Copyright policy of IEEE (opinion)
- Why can't HDL designers live without block selection mode? (opinion)
- Four (and a half) ways to write VHDL instantiations (blog post)
- VHDL 2019: Conditional Analysis (blog post)