We are happy to present you Sigasi 2.6. This release brings tighter integration between components and entities. Two important features, Search and Rename, now take the component/entity-relationship into account. Another highlight is that Sigasi 2.6 is now fully compatible with the newly released Eclipse Juno (4.2) As usual we also worked on several other improvements and bugfixes.
Components and their matching enties
Since Sigasi 2.5 you can navigate from a component declaration
or instantiation to the matching entity. Sigasi 2.6 now brings
support for search (
Find references) and rename.
If you rename an entity (or one of its ports or generics), the matching component declarations and instantiations will also be renamed. And if you search for reference to an entity declarations, the matching component declarations and instantiations will also show up in the search view.
Improvements to the standalone version
- Sigasi is now configured so you can more flexibly install other plugins (e.g. newer versions of EMF, …)
- We had to use a forked version of the Xtext plugin for a while, but now we are back to the official Xtext 2.3.1 release. This will increase stability and compatibility with other Eclipse plugins. Thanks for all the help from the people at Itemis!
- Buy default, we now refresh all files in the workspace when they are changed outside of Sigasi. (You can modify this option is at Window > Preferences > General > Workspace > Refresh using native hooks or polling)
Other new and noteworthy improvements
- Usability improvements to the Search View
- Sigasi is now tested and ready for Eclipse Juno (4.2)
- Improvements to library mapping performance
- Better a error messages and quickfix when the standard libraries are missing in a project
- Support component declaration autocomplete, even when the matching entity has declaration errors
- Avoid confusion between vcom and sigasi problem markers.
Prefix vcom problems with
- If you use the starter edition, we no don’t count the statements in Altera libraries. This means your own project can still be a full 200 statements before you fall back to baseline mode.
- ticket 2106 : enable autocomplete inside generate statements
- ticket 2114 : better auto-formatting for unary minus
- ticket 2152 : correctly resolve FlexNet exceptions
- ticket 2169 : corrected title of the Xilinx ISE Setup dialog
- ticket 2159 : better formatting for arrays
- ticket 2151 : resolved scoping errors in protected types
- ticket 2196 : fixed unresolved error in hierarchy when component instantiation and matching entity are in a different library than the component declaration.