The Sigasi 2.24 brings a lot of improvements to Sigasi Premium: Mixed VHDL/Verilog, improved graphics, naming conventions and formatter options. This release also contains a preview of Sigasi’s Documentation Generator and other new and noteworthy improvements.
Sigasi Premium improvements
Mixed VHDL/Verilog projects
In Sigasi 2.24 it is now possible to enable both VHDL and Verilog support to a project. This allows to instantiate Verilog modules in VHDL code and vice versa.
Improved State machine viewer and block diagram view
- The state machine viewer now shows the state assignment’s comment as text label on transitions.
- The block diagram view now allows you to navigate to instantiated architectures
- The block diagram view’s look is updated
- Note that we have also changed the navigation behaviour. You now have to double click if you want to navigate to the corresponding VHDL code.
Sigasi Premium users can now configure Sigasi to check naming conventions while you type.
We added a preference page where you can configure a few formatting options: preserve newlines, upper case keywords, comment column.
Because a prototype is worth a thousand pictures, we have built our first version of the Sigasi Documentation Generator.
- No special coding requirements: the plain comments in your code are extracted for the documentation. Comments next to a declaration or above a declaration form the documentation.
- Live preview: you can see what the documentation will look like while you type your code and comments.
- Fully hyperlinked PDF. If you save the documentation, you get a fully hyperlinked PDF.
- All included. All documentation processing is done in Sigasi/Eclipse with no external tool dependencies.
All users can open the documentation view, but only Premium users can export to PDF.
Other new and noteworthy improvements
- Support real datatype in hovers and hierarchy
- Added a list of all MAC addresses in the Licenses preference page
- Added an option to not set top level when the simulator is started
- ticket 2948 : Case statement validation should not give invalid errors on choices in parentheses
- ticket 2884 : Support multiple FSMs with the same name (records, different processes, …)
- ticket 2954 : Fixed UI freezes
- ticket 2956 : Filter fixed libraries in CSV export is when they are referenced in another project
If you have Sigasi 2 installed, you can Update Sigasi . You can also Download the Latest Version of Sigasi .