The Sigasi 2.17 release brings support for generic packages (VHDL-2008), autocomplete for type conversions and other new and noteworthy improvements and fixes.
Sigasi 2.17 supports generic packages. Both generic constants and
generic packages are supported as generic items. Generic Types are not
This will allow you to use the standard Fixed Point (
and Floating Point
float_pkg packages from the IEEE library.
In VHDL design you need to do a lot of type conversions (Think:
> signed> integer -> …). Sigasi’s autocomplete
functionality can now help you to type these conversions faster and more
accurate. Put a dot (
.) after the element you want to convert, and the
autocomplete suggestions will appear. The conversion functions have
descriptions like “convert type” and “convert to …”.
Do not forget to add a use clause for the
numeric_std package first.
Sigasi store the library mapping information for each project in the
.library_mapping.xml file in the root of your project. Before the 2.17
release, Sigasi loaded the default mapping (
work) if this file was not
available. Starting with release 2.17, Sigasi assumes all files are
not mapped if the library mapping file is missing. In this case,
Sigasi will also add one error marker to the project with the message:
“This VHDL project can not be built since the library mapping
information is missing”.
To add a default .library_mapping.xml file to your project, you can right-click your project and select Library Mapping > Reset Library Mapping.
- Check for duplicate enumeration literals
- Check for correct use of underscore in VHDL identifiers
- Mark the current library in the library mapper context menu
- Double-clicking in the Generics View opens the corresponding generic/constant declaration
- Quickfix for unused types
- Sigasi now runs on version 2.4.3 of the Xtext framework
- ticket 2595 : Resolved performance issue in the Libraries View
- ticket 2627 : [VHDL 2008] Support record access of hierarchical signals
- ticket 2641 : log2 in hierarchy evaluation should round up
- ticket 2653 : ModelSim integration: Added support for warnings with a warning category
- ticket 2671⁄2664 : Error launching ISim simulation
- ticket 2669 : Sigasi crashes when FlexLM connection is lost
- ticket 2656 : Aggregate linting check: char literals are case sensitive