Talkback is a Sigasi Studio service that automatically collects metadata about how Sigasi Studio is used and sends this metadata to Sigasi through a secured connection.
By enabling Talkback you help us improve Sigasi Studio:
- Talkback lets us determine which features are heavily used. This helps in planning which kind of features are valuable for you as Sigasi Studio user, so that we can adjust our product roadmap.
- Talkback collects performance statistics, that we can relate to the project sizes. Together with our in-house performance tests, this helps us keep the Sigasi Studio compiler and user interface fast.
- Talkback helps us reduce software errors by collecting incident reports from a wide range of use cases.
- The activation of Talkback is required to enable our free educational and open source licenses.
- Talkback is automatic and less cumbersome than feedback surveys.
The end result is that you can use an always-improving Sigasi Studio.
Sigasi uses the information transmitted by Talkback for marketing and product planning and development. We use it for deciding which features to develop and improve, for finding and fixing bugs and for finding and fixing performance issues.
Talkback transmits meta-information about your project, operating system, Java Virtual Machine, tool usage, and incident reports (stack traces) that occur due to software errors. Talkback never transmits any HDL code. All transmissions are through an industry standard SSL secure connection.
In the Talkback transmissions, we identify your Sigasi/Eclipse workspace using a generated identifier (a standard Java universal unique identifier UUID).
You can access the Talkback log to verify by clicking Window > Preferences > Sigasi > Talkback > Talkback log.
This log file is rotated for each new Sigasi Studio session or when the log reaches a certain size.
Talkback is always disabled by default. To enable Talkback, or to disable it later on, click Window > Preferences > Sigasi > Talkback and select or deselect the checkbox “Enable Talkback”.
Talkback uses the https protocol to send the information. If your firewall blocks SSL connections Talkback will not be able to send diagnostics. Your firewall should allow outgoing connections to https://talkback-sigasi.sigasi.com/.
Talkback does not support Proxies. If Talkback is unable to connect to our server directly because of your firewall or proxy server, you need to purchase a commercial license.
Please send us an email so that we can discuss a solution for your company.