Third party plugins
Since Sigasi Studio is built on Eclipse, you can install third party Eclipse plugins.
The best place to start looking for a plugin is the Eclipse Marketplace. We list some interesting plugins here. Since these are third party plugins, there is no official support from Sigasi.
Unlike most Eclipse distributions Sigasi Studio is shipped without the Eclipse Marketplace plugin, and without the standard Eclipse update sites. Hence, you have to use the old mechanism for installing new plugins, and add the plugin update site.
- Adding the update site
- First, find the update site for the plugin you want to install. For example: for the Mercurial plugin, the update site is http://eclipse-ccase.sourceforge.net/update/
- Click Help > Install New Software Now click Add and fill out the update site. Press OK to confirm.
- Still in the Install dialog, search for the plugin you want to install. You can browse the list of available plugins or use the filter text above the list of plugins.
- Select the checkbox for the plugin and click Next
- Follow the instructions for the rest of the wizard.
Revision Control Systems
Sigasi Studio supports a wide range of Revision Control Systems (also know as Version Control or Source Control systems). Support for revision control is based on Eclipse plugins. This section contains a preliminary listing of the most popular revision control systems.
Recommended plugin: EGit This plugin is shipped with the standalone version of Sigasi Studio.
As update site, you should use: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/photon/
Note that this is the Open Source ClearCase plugin hosted on SourceForge, not the official ClearCase plugin distributed by IBM .
While this is not strictly speaking a version control system, Sigasi Studio has a built-in feature that keeps a local history of your files. Learn more.
Some other popular revision control systems include: